Privacy and Take Down Policy
Effective Date: 21/09/2017
1. Commitment to Maintaining Your Privacy
This policy sets out how Geospatial Intelligence Pty Ltd (“GI”, “We”, “Us”) collects, holds, and discloses personal information about its users (“You”).
GI is committed to complying with the Australian Privacy Principles in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and protecting the personal information that You share with Us.
We understand the importance of maintaining Your trust and confidence and shall use all reasonable measures to ensure that the personal information You provide, as well as information collected by GI, remains private and is used only as set out in this policy.
2. Information Collection and Storage
Information provided by You
For the GI services to operate effectively, access to personally identifiable information may be required, such as Your name, address or email address. If You subscribe or are registered for services with GI the information You provide may be recorded, stored, and used for the purposes stated below.
You are able to cease a particular service by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
When You access the GI website, our server makes a record of Your visit and logs the following information:
- The unique identifier for Your mobile device;
- Your browser’s internet address;
- The date and time of Your visit to the site;
- Search text and parameters
- The pages/files/listings accessed, and documents You requested and/or downloaded;
- Cookie information;
- The previous site You visited;
- The type of browser You are using; and
- The username entered if accessing a restricted site.
3. Purpose of Data Collection
The information We collect may be used:
- For the purpose You provided it to Us, such as subscriptions;
- To verify Your identity;
- To provide customer service and review issues with Your account or Your use of our services;
- To improve our products and services;
- To customize the content available through our services;
- To enable You to share Your experiences using our services with others; or
- To ensure appropriate legal use of licensed software.
Except as provided below, We do not share or sell information that identifies our users personally or makes it possible for other parties to contact them directly.
We share Your personal information, as provided by You as follows;
To deliver its services, GI engages and is assisted by a number of third parties. You accept that in using GI’s services Your information may be transmitted to third parties, that those third parties may:
- Be physically located outside of Australia, and/or
- Maintain websites, through which Your information may be passed, that are hosted overseas and that third party content is neither endorsed nor recommended by GI.
As far as reasonably practicable, GI will ensure that its relationships with third parties include appropriate protection of Your privacy.
GI may disclose Your personal information to third parties for the following purposes:
- To provide the service You wish to use;
- For research purposes relating to the performance, quality, maintenance and improvement of GI’s services and products;
- For direct marketing of GI services;
- To customise and promote GI services which may be of interest to You;
- To provide technical support to You to use GI’s services;
- If permitted or required by law; or
- Otherwise with Your consent.
- comply with the law or comply with legal process served on GI services; and/or
- protect or defend our rights or property, our services, users or the public.
Please Note: While browsing the GI website, You may be able to access the websites of our affiliates and third parties through hyperlinks or application functions. GI assumes no responsibility for the privacy practices of third parties and suggests You review the privacy statements on such websites before accessing third party links or application functions.
GI has taken reasonable and prudent precautions to ensure that Your personal identifiable information is protected from unauthorized access, use, modification or disclosure. These measures include firewalls, and secure servers.
Notwithstanding the above, no data transmission over the internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be secure. As a result, while We use reasonable endeavours to protect Your personal information, We do not ensure or guarantee the security of any information You transmit to Us, and You acknowledge that You do so at Your own risk.
6. Your Privacy Options
Individuals have the right not to identify themselves, or to use a pseudonym when dealing with Us. However, if We request personal information and it is not provided, We may not be able to provide services to or otherwise assist You.
We take reasonable steps to ensure all personal information held by Us is accurate, up to date, complete, relevant and not misleading having regard to the purposes for which it is collected. You have the right to request access to personal information that is held by GI about You. Requests for access will be dealt with by GI in accordance with the Freedom of Information Act 1982. You may request corrections to personal information We hold about You at any time by emailing email@example.com. We deal with all requests for correction to personal information as required by the Privacy Act. We may refuse to correct personal information if the Privacy Act allows Us to do so.
If You do not want to receive direct communications from Us, You can click the “unsubscribe” link or opt out at a later date by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. If You are a subscriber, this will not affect our ability to send You communications regarding Your account.
8. Further information
If You have any questions or concerns about GI’s privacy commitment, please feel free to email Us at email@example.com
9. Take Down Policy
GI makes every effort to ensure that it has appropriate rights to provide access to content. However, despite these safeguards, We recognise that from time to time material published online may be in breach of copyright laws, contain sensitive personal data, or include content that may be regarded as inappropriate. If You are concerned that You have found material on Our website, for which You have not given permission, contravenes privacy laws, is inappropriate, and in terms of copyright law is not covered by a limitation or exception, please contact Us in writing at firstname.lastname@example.org.