Remote Sensing & GIS Graduate
Location: Canberra, Australia
Geospatial Intelligence Pty Limited (GI) is an Australian owned privately held company based in Canberra and has been successfully delivering high quality geospatial solutions to the public sector and commercial clients since 2002.
GI employs a team of highly skilled professionals to address the entire life-cycle of Geographic Information Systems, from the supply of data, provision of analytical and value-adding services, to assistance with assessments and decision-making structures. GI is an ESRI business partner and offers an extensive range of products and services including satellite resource management, raw data collection/supply, rapid satellite imagery acquisition, spatial analysis, and the production of high-level spatial visualisations and decision support tools.
Geospatial Intelligence Pty Ltd is looking for a highly innovative GIS graduate to join our team. We are looking for someone who will be able to quickly understand and absorb new concepts, and acquire skills on the job.
Geospatial Intelligence Pty Ltd is looking for an enthusiastic graduate with Remote Sensing or GIS experience to join our team. We are looking for someone who will be able to quickly understand and absorb new concepts, and acquire skills on the job.
This is a full-time position.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Pre-processing, analysis and enhancement of high resolution satellite imagery
- Use of GIS software to digitise, perform analysis and create maps and reports
- Manipulation of metadata, database management, administration and documentation
- Content creation for social media
- Working knowledge of the ArcGIS software suite or other GIS software (e.g. QGIS, MapInfo etc.)
- Demonstrated experience with ENVI or other remote sensing software (e.g. ERDAS, ENVI, etc.)
- Advanced experience with Excel or other spreadsheet software
- Technical knowledge of satellite sensors, satellite imagery and image processing techniques
- Experience with optical and radar imagery
- Excellent attention to detail, self-motivation, initiative and capacity to learn
- Academic knowledge of remote sensing of the terrestrial and/or maritime environments, and knowledge of meteorology
- Ability to work in a team environment, or under supervision and the ability to work to tight deadlines
- Good communication skills, a mature attitude and good interpersonal and client service skills
Qualifications and Experience
- Must have completed a relevant tertiary qualification
- Ability to hold an Australian Defence Security Clearance
How to apply
We do not expect applicants to have all the skills listed above. Please outline any of the skills you have that are relevant to this advertisement, or to the profession of GIS and we will consider your application.
We believe in finding the right people and helping them excel. Please submit your cover letter and CV via the form below. Please limit your cover letter to a maximum of 2 pages.
Files should be no larger than 5 MB in size and in the PDF format.